After all your fantastic descriptive river poetry last week, we are now going to look more closely at fantasy stories. Some of you wrote some very exciting stories in the first week off of school and now we are going to be looking at examples of some famous books that have such stories in them, and learning more about developing our stories and including direct speech and greater description.
- The first book that we are going to look at is 'Ocean Meets Sky' by the Fan Brothers.
- ACTIVITY: Watch the book being read (link below) until you get to "The journey had begun!" at 1:12. Stop it there! Then, I would like you to write a paragraph making predictions of what you think will happen in the rest of the story. What different places do you think Finn's journey will take him? Who do you think he will meet along the way? What do you think will happen at the end of the story?
- You might want to use the following sentence starters: I predict that... I think that...
- Remember to write down your reasons for your predictions by including 'because' in your sentences.
- Keep your predictions safe so that you can see whether you are correct tomorrow!